We use a tiered pricing model for backups.
- Between 0 GB to 5 GB, you will be charged $0.25 per GB of data.
- Between 5 GB and 10 GB, you will be charged $0.20 per GB of data.
- Between 10 GB and 15 GB, you will be charged $0.15 per GB of data.
- Between 15 GB and 20 GB, you will be charged $0.10 per GB of data.
- 20 GB and higher will be charged at $0.05 per GB of data.
Only data in that tier will be charged at that tier's rate - for example, if you used 6 GB of backup data you would pay $0.25/GB for the first 5 GB and then $0.20 for the additional 1 GB. This means if you've used 5 GB of backup data you will be charged $1.25. If you use 10 GB of backup data, you will be charged $2.25. If you used 20 GB of backup data, that would be $3.50. 100 GB of backup data would be $7.50.
You are charged based on how much data is backed up over your monthly billing cycle. Backups are taken every 24 hours, so a standard billing cycle will include data usage for 31 backups. That said, we have multiple systems in place to reduce data usage. One such way is that all backups are compressed, meaning that your data usage will be considerably less than your account's actual size.
Another way data is saved is by using incremental file backups, which means that only changed data is backed up on subsequent cycles. For example, if you have a 2 GB website the first backup cycle will consume 2 GB of data (not accounting for compression). After that, if you uploaded a few photos to your website, the next backup cycle would only contain the few megabytes of data those photos took. The next backup cycle, if you didn't change anything, wouldn't consume any data for file backups.
MySQL databases can not be incrementally backed up, and as such are backed up in full every backup cycle.
To check incurred billing for your current backup cycle, you should navigate to the "Services" tab in your client area navigation bar. Then, click on your Web Hosting product that has backups enabled and click on the "Addons" tab. It will be displayed as "$X USD Monthly", where "X" is your current costs for the current period. This number is dynamic and will change depending on how much data is used in your cycle.
Backups can be enabled on any Web Hosting account. Here are some quick facts about our new backup system:
- Invoices are generated at the end of each billing cycle, not the beginning. Therefore, there is no up-front cost to enable backups.
- Backups do not have any storage space restrictions, and as such your entire cPanel account will be backed up.
- Your account is backed up automatically every night. Each backup is retained for 14 days, therefore you will have two weeks of backups available to you.
- If you do not have backups enabled, or choose to cancel your backup service, your account will not be backed up and previous backup data will be erased.
- File backups are taken incrementally. This means that after the first full backup, only data that is changed will be backed up after that.
- You may download your backups at any time via your cPanel.
- You can automatically restore individual files any time via your cPanel. You will have a file manager interface to allow you to easily pick which file(s) to restore.
- Your entire cPanel account is backed up. This includes all files and folders, any custom configurations, databases, emails, cron jobs, DNS zones, and SSL certificates.
- The backup process does not run in your account's container. This means that unlike Wordpress or any other backup utilities, your website will not experience performance degradation while the backups are running or restoring.
- Backups are transferred via an internal private network to a separate server. This backup server uses ZFS with a RAID10, which means that it can withstand one drive failing (and sometimes two drives failing at the same time) without any data loss.
In order to enable backups, first log in to your Arch Hosting client area at https://archhosting.net/clientarea. Once you are logged in, please visit your services dashboard by clicking the "Services" tab on the navigation bar and then clicking "My Services".
After that, select the Web Hosting account that you want to enable backups for from the table of services.
Next, scroll to the "Addons & Extras" window on this page and select "Nightly Backups" from the dropdown menu. Click "Purchase & Activate".
Then, proceed to place your order. Please remember that invoices are generated at the end of each billing cycle, and as such there is no up-front cost (it will display as free) for enabling backups.
Backups are taken every 24 hours. Therefore, after placing an order you will need to wait until the next day before you will have backups available to manage. Once your account has started to accumulate backups, you can manage them via the JetBackup pages in your cPanel.
Here is what a list of generated backups will look like from the main overview:
JetBackup allows you to one-click restore any individual file from your backups. For example, if we wished to restore the .htaccess file you could select such from your backup file structure and click "Restore Selected".