Preparing a domain for transfer
Before placing a domain transfer order, login to your current domain registrar's control panel and ensure the following:
- That you have disabled any domain or transfer locks
- That you have disabled private WHOIS
- That you've obtained a valid and up-to-date EPP/transfer/authorization code for the domain
- That you have control of the e-mail address that is assigned to the domain's registrant contact
Placing a domain transfer order
Once you've ensured the above criteria is met, you may place a domain transfer order at the following URL: https://archhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
Please note that if your domain TLD does not show up on the above page, then we do not support it for transfer at the moment. You can still use the domain with our hosting by adding it as an addon domain and updating your nameservers.
If you are transferring a UK domain and require our IPS tag, it is PDR-IN
Domain transfer process
The domain transfer process can be as quick as one day, or take up to a week to complete. The process itself looks like this:
- Step 1: Once the order is placed, we check that the provided EPP/transfer code is correct. If it is, it will continue to the next step.
- Step 2: If the EPP code is correct, it will check that no transfer locks are existent on the domain. If no transfer locks are on the domain, it will continue to the next step.
- Step 3: An e-mail will be sent to the domain's registrant contact's (your) e-mail address. If you have private WHOIS enabled, the transfer will fail at this step. You will need to click on a verification link mentioned in this e-mail confirming that you wish to transfer the domain. Once that is completed, the transfer process will continue to the next step.
- Step 4: We will reach out to the current domain registrar, and request permission to transfer the domain. This process is done automatically and requires no action from you. The exact time this step takes can vary depending on how fast (or slow) your domain registrar processes these requests. We usually see this step take 1-3 business days.
Once your domain registrar confirms the request, the domain transfer is finalized. Shortly afterwards (within a few hours), your domain will be marked as "Active" in your billing portal and the domain transfer will be fully complete.
Domain stuck in "Pending Transfer"
If a week or more has passed and your domain transfer hasn't completed, please double check that you've followed all of the criteria mentioned in the first section. After that, contact us via support ticket to restart your domain transfer.
Please note that if you've recently registered the domain, it may not be eligible for transfer. If this is the case, the domain transfer will fail.